The Open Real-Time Ethernet (ORTE) is an open source implementation of Real-Time Publish-Subscribe (RTPS) communication protocol. RTPS is an application layer protocol targeted at real-time communication area, which is built on the top of standard UDP stack. Because it uses only the UDP protocol, it retains control of timing and reliability. Since there are many TCP/IP stack implementations under many operating systems and RTPS protocol does not have any other special HW/SW requirements, it should be easily ported to many HW/SW target platforms. ORTE currently runs on Linux, FreeBSD, Windows, Android and RTEMS.
- 2015-01-30 We setup a buildbot instance.
- 2013-10-28 ORTE 0.3.4 released. It features Android support.
- 2013-10-05 We are preparing a new release that will feature Android support. Stay tuned and/or test the version from our git repository.
- 2012-08-15 ORTE 0.3.3 released. This is mostly a bugfix release.
- Data-Distribution Service (DDS) related standards – ORTE implements the RTPS protocol. It offers its own API, not the DDS API.
- The Real-time Publish-Subscribe Wire Protocol (DDSI-RTPS) – this is a newer version of the protocol implemented by ORTE.
- Real Time Publish-Subscribe (RTPS) 1.0 – ORTE implements this version of the protocol.
ORTE can be downloaded from a project page at SourceForge.net.
Note that old releases are located elsewhere.
Links to ORTE related projects:
ORTE was developed at Czech Technical University in Prague.
OpenDDS is an open-source C++ implementation of the Object Management Group's specification "Data Distribution Service for Real-time Systems". OpenDDS is built on the ACE (ADAPTIVE Communication Environment) abstraction layer to provide platform portability. OpenDDS also leverages capabilities of TAO (The ACE Orb), such as its IDL compiler and as the basis of the OpenDDS DCPS Information Repository (DCPSInfoRepo).
The distribution provides an open-source Java-based DDS-DCPS implementation. The purpose of this implementation is pedagogical and demonstrations http://www-adele.imag.fr/users/Didier.Donsez/dev/dds/readme.html.
SQLbusRT is a software package which enables SQL in a publish subscribe environment with real time provisions. The software package finds it usage in:
- Real time measuring environments (data acquisition),
- Fast messaging systems,
- Real time database in machine automation, and SCADA systems
- Medical systems
- Military battlesystems
PyPubSub (short for Python based Publish Subscribe) is a framework for implementing a publish subscribe mechanism into a Python application.
We are aware of the following uses of ORTE:
ORTE as core message exchange mechanism in an aerodynamic wind tunnel automation project, for one of the main windtunnel facilities of the world. (see http://www.dnw.aero for more info).
ORTE as message exchange mechanism for the Dutch government: in the automation facility for public water level management in the Netherlands. For an example, see this document.
A group of university staffs and students, who are interested in robotics and control engineering. Their objective is to design and develop robots for various competitions.
Network Vehicle Systems -- Paper
This site is powered by ikiwiki.